Foot reflexology is a "pressure therapy" that involves applying focused pressure to certain known reflex points located in the foot to cure or prevent disease. It is a complimentary
therapy, intended for use alongside conventional medical care and not as a replacement of it.
The therapy is based on the premise that areas on the foot correspond to areas of the body. Our nerve zones or reflex points go from the bottom of our feet to the top of our head,
encompassing all vital organs on the way. These zones reflect the energy body and blockages of this energy in the body are reflected through "grits" or lumps" on the foot. Applying focused pressure to
these reflex points located in the foot stimulate the corresponding area and thereby remove blockages in the energy body.
The benefits of a foot reflexology session are manifold - calmness and serenity, improved circulation, increased energy and balanced emotions among many others. It is appropriate for
all ages as well as for a variety of ailments. Not only soothing to sore feet, it can benefit most other body aches and pains. If you can't handle pressure in a part of your body because of soreness or
inflammation, there is a corresponding part in the foot that can bring relief.
Foot reflexology has been practiced for thousands of years in places such as India, China and Egypt. In ancient times, we stimulate reflexes naturally by walking barefoot over rocks,
stones and rough ground. In today's modern world, we have lost much of nature's way of maintaining a balanced and healthy equilibrium. Reflexology helps to restore this balance and promote natural health
Benefits of Foot Reflexology
- Induces a state of deep relaxation by opening neural pathways
- A reflexology session stimulates more than 7,000 nerves, encouraging the opening and cleansing of neural pathways,
- Increases circulation, improving blood flow throughout the body
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- Stimulates energy work throughout the body
- Balances the whole system thus revitalizing the body's natural energy flow
The healing power of touch is instinctive in human nature & when we formalize that instinctive touch into massage, it becomes a powerful healing tool.
When muscles overworked, waste products such as lactic acid can accumulate in them, causing soreness, stiffness & even muscle spasm. Massage improves circulation,
which increases blood flow, bringing fresh oxygen to body tissues. This can assist elimination of waste products, speeds healing after injury, and enhance recovery from disease.
The basic goal of therapeutic massage is to help the body heal itself and to increase one's health & well-being.
Health Benefits of Massage
- Reduces muscle tension
- Improves blood circulation
- Relieves of acute and chronic pain
- Induces better lymph movement
- Improve and increase mobility & range of motions of joints
- Stimulate or soothes nervous system
- Enhances skin condition
- Aids digestion & intestinal functions
- Boosts immune system
Bodywork Medicare Pte Ltd
Reg. No. 201022456Z
Licence No. L/ME/001075/2010
Blk 113 Aljunied Ave 2 #01-19 Singapore 380113
Tel: 6742 4939
Fax: 6841 0265