About Monica Donaldson
Monica has 15 years of clinical experience as a physiotherapist, and is passionate about facilitating her clients towards achieving their full physical potential. Her area of special interest is Women’s and Men’s Health, but she is first and foremost a musculoskeletal physiotherapist and has experience at working with children, teenagers, and adults of all ages.
Her career started in the British National Health Services, where she got exposure to all clinical specialties until eventually focusing on treating musculoskeletal and women’s health dysfunctions. She played an important role in setting up the pelvic floor dysfunction integrated services at the Homerton University Hospital, in East London. She has extensive experience in treating back and pelvic girdle pain during and after pregnancy, as well as female and male pelvic floor dysfunctions and has attended a number of postgraduate specialist courses.
Monica uses a range of different methods and therapies depending on her clients’ individual needs. After a thorough postural and movement analysis, Monica firmly believes in following up manual therapy (ie. joint mobilisations and soft tissue techniques) with movement re-education, ergonomics adjustments and exercise therapy (including clinical pilates). Monica’s latest addition to her clinical practice is the use of Real Time Ultrasound Imaging to analyse pelvic floor and core muscular control.
The following are conditions that a Women’s Health Chartered Physiotherapist can assess and treat:
- Pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain (symphysis pubis, sacro-iliac joint)
- Back pain
- Postnatal separated abdominal muscles (rectus abdominis diastasis)
- Pelvic floor problems (urinary/bowel incontinence, prolapse, painful sexual intercourse)
- Breastfeeding problems (mastitis, engorged breasts, blocked ducts)
Monica is registered with the AHPC in Singapore and is a member of the following associations:
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Women’s Health
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (UK)
- Singapore Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Continence Foundation
Originally from Brazil, Monica can speak Portuguese, Spanish and English.
By appointment only.